Expert on regional development and innovation, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OCSE) expert for the LEED Program.
Professional Engineer and free lance consultant active since 1990.
He works both in international cooperation projects and in local-regional development projects and programmes in Italy.
Among his main clients he worked and currently works for OECD – LEED Programme, in capacity building on local development and Small Business development reviews; for Inter-American Development Bank, based in Washington D.C., as senior consultant for local economic development and cluster development projects in Latin America; for various Italian Regions as senior consultant in EC Cohesion and Regional development Policies; for other public institutions in local and regional development initiatives; for Friuli Venezia Giulia regional government for future EC cohesion policy 2014-2020.
As far as his background is concerned, in the early ’90 he worked in ERVET – Regional Development Agency of Emilia Romagna Region based in Bologna, as responsible for Regional Planning Unit.
Since 2009 he is founder and partner of SIGN srl – Sustainability Innovation Governance Network, consultancy company based in Rome.
- local and regional development initiatives and policies
- programming, management and evaluation of European Structural Funds and Cohesion Policies, in particular focusing on European Territorial Cooperation
- SMEs development and clustering, SME policies and small business internationalisation
- management of innovation and technology transfer, research and technological development projects
- socio-economic and statistical analysis and town and country planning